Google
 
Web geepersworld.blogspot.com

Thursday, December 8

Healthy Motivation

So, in the last few months I've been contacted by a few old friends to help them get back into shape, after... You guessed it.... after they saw My Transformation. (I know, I know, I link to that page every couple of posts, but it's still the main reason most people drop in)

I've felt bad I haven't been able to do more to give them a hand. I mean, I get tons of emails everyday from complete strangers and dish out advice and help change their lives, (At least that's what they tell me) and here's 2 guys I grew up with and I can't figure out a cool way to help them out.

It's just been on my mind a lot... It's really been buggin me ... Then, in the middle of a rep during my workout the other day it came to me.... How do you motivate 30-something year old men? Competition and money!

Let's face it... No one is more competitive than guys... And no one is more competitive than guys who know each other... And NO ONE is more competitive than guys in their mid 30's... Except... guys in their mid 30's who know each other. This competition thing is going to get crazy, I can just tell... and I can't wait.

Here's the plan-

The first week in every month we gather... and compete. We compete in one exercise or challenge, the winner takes the pot (say, $20 put in by each of us) and the one who does the worst chooses what the next month's competition will be. Most importantly.... You beat your buddies in a fair game.

Everyone's motivation is HUGE. I'm sure they both want to beat me ("Mr Fitness") and make me look foolish and I REALLY don't want to have my ass handed to me come competition day. Well, no one wants to get beaten I'm sure. And the money does help. Fuck, it's worth $20 a month for the amount of motivation I'm feeling already. I mean, I haven't worked my abs in over a year and I'm already doing sit ups this evening, and I HATE doing abs.

Not only does this help in the specific goal of each competition, but you are going to want to stay in fairly good shape and try to improve in all areas of fitness, cause you never know what the next challenge might be. You don't want to stop doing cardio and just do sit ups for a month, cause next month you might have to run 5K or lift your body weight or hold a 5 LBS weight in front of your face etc etc.

If this works we can always bring others into this in a few months too. It would only take 5 or 6 guys and suddenly the winner would be taking $100+ home... We'll see how it works out first.

So the game is on, and in early January we will gather to see who can do the most non-stop sit ups. The winner will take the $60 pot, the worst will choose the next competition. I'll keep yas updated....



Gratuitous Hot Chick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home