Google
 
Web geepersworld.blogspot.com

Saturday, October 28

I'm Still Alive

I never think anyone is reading this blog... I get sick, do a post on feeling sick, mysterious headaches, stop posting for a while and in the time I'm away I have over 1,000 people drop in and A LOT of people email me wishing me their best etc. (Sorry if I didn't get back to your email, I tried to answer them all, as I normally do) Thanks to you all! I'm back for awhile. (I think)

Amazing how something as "simple" as a headache can be so hard to diagnose, so hard to cure and how much it can effect your life. In the 2 weeks my headache was the worst, I went from the most active, healthy and physical guy I knew, to someone who was spending 90% of his day on his back. It was totally depressing. The worst pain of it all was the pain after the spinal tap. Crazy pounding, vise-grip headaches every time I stood or sat up and no pain killer (including pseudo-narcotics) helped at all.

So what was it? It "seems" it was a sinus infection gone horribly wrong. My doctor could still send me to a neurologist yet to answer questions about the intensity of the headaches, but after a 2 week course of antibiotics I feel a lot better. I'm still not 100%... which is VERY frustrating, but I'm able to go back to my Muay Thai (which I love more and more each time I go) and do the odd jog. So at least I'm getting out and doing things again! I still feel pretty run down, almost like I've been getting over the flu for the past 2 weeks, and I've developed an annoying post-nasal drip. (And "annoying" is the right term for it.) I'm not back to a full workout routine yet, but I have hope for next week! (I just have to start feeling 2.6% better and I know I could fight through it.)

So I'm doing great. Thanks again to everyone who dropped me a line or had a concern. Hopefully things will be back to 100% normal sooner rather than later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home