Google
 
Web geepersworld.blogspot.com

Sunday, September 17

RUN DAY UPDATE

Well, I'm back home now, and after a HUGE feed of KFC as my reward for setting this goal and completing it, I'm ready to relax a bit and fill ya's in. I am going to be SO sick tomorrow!

Not a lot to say really. It was hot as hell. I'm used to running at 5:30am or in the evening when it's nice and cool, not during the warmest time of the day and I was SOAKED in water and sweat. The heat was killing me. Next year I'll have to train in warmer weather for sure. Towards the end I was getting 3 cups from the water stations; one to drink, one to pour down my back and one to pour down my front.

The crowd was as diverse as you can imagine. Senior citizens, young children, lots of healthy babes and jocks, even punk rockers with Mohawks. One standout was Jack, who was an old guy with only one leg who was doing the course himself as well. It kinda made you wonder what terry would have looked like today. Free hot dogs, balloons and drinks for all too, I just wish they had at least one more CD than the Breakfast Club Soundtrack playing over the PA.

So the time comes and we start (after some "group stretching", definitely not my thing) A few of us broke from the pack right away and although there is no "Official" race, there was maybe a dozen of us actually racing the course against each other. I kept counting how many people I passed and watched the faces of the folks ahead so I'd get a good idea where I finished. A few slowed down and got passed and a few did only 1/2 the course... and in the end, I was in the top 5 finishing the complete 10 K course.

After 50 minutes of running... Oh, sorry, that's right, I finished in 50 MINUTES! My best time ever! Anyway after running for 50 minutes I get pretty emotional anyway, and to think why I was doing this, to see people right there it was going to help... well.... let's just say I'll be doing it again, and I think everybody should experience it once.

Today I feel like I made a difference... Even if it was just a little one... Thanks to EVERYBODY who supported me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home