Google
 
Web geepersworld.blogspot.com

Saturday, October 15

Words To Live By- Part 2

Live by this motto, and the world suddenly becomes a much more positive place...

Everyone is trying to do the best they can with what they have...

Let me explain.. Believe, or at least tell yourself, that everyone around you is honestly trying to do the best they can, at whatever they are doing, with whatever resources, knowledge etc they have available to them. Instantly makes you see things much more positive... I mean, who needs to waste energy and time bitching and complaining about things you can't change anyway???

Here's an example... We recently redid our bathroom. Now I could have gone on for days, and maybe years about what a crap ass job they had done in the past fixing certain things... spent tons of energy cursing them, spent hours talking about what idiots they were, why did they do this, why didn't they do that etc... but you know what... that would just bring a lot of negative energy into my life for nothing. So what did I do? I just told myself that the lady who had the house before us did the best job she could with the money she had budgeted to redo her bathroom and the knowledge she had about painting, wallpaper, flooring etc. That defused the situation right away... If anything some of her big mistakes sort of became "cute" that she would try to fix things that way, and instead of cursing and getting upset I found myself chuckling to myself. She had done "the best" she could.

You can use this philosophy for anything.... Just simply tell yourself the person in front of you is trying to do the best they can with the skill, knowledge, ability, talent, time, money etc that they have available and you'll see thing in a much more positive light.... mind you it doesnt mean they are doing a good job, but they are at least trying their best.


Gratuitous hot chick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home