Google
 
Web geepersworld.blogspot.com

Monday, June 13

My Transformation- Cutting Diet

So you've probably seen this page...

Geeper's World: My Transformation.

I get a lot of questions about my diet, here's my daily diet since about March when I started my summer "cut".

My calories are usually coming in at around 1700-1800, but remember I have thyroid disease so I HAVE to take in much fewer calories than the average person out there. I take in roughly 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% fat.

I also cheat every Sunday. Cheat doesn't mean I eat everything in sight. I might eat twice as much of the same food for breakfast, have carbs with supper, eat high GI carbs, have a few more healthy snacks and maybe 1 even real crap meal every couple of weeks. (MacDonald's, KFC ect) but for the most part it's still "clean" eating. A cheat is good because your metabolism can start to slow down if you are eating low cal all the time, a high carb day can shock your body and keep your metabolism running fast. (the 6 meals a day helps your metabolism too)

Here we go...

7:00am- 1 cup of quick oats (dry measure), 1/2 cup of milk and 1 scoop of 100% whey protein. I cook the oats as normal, then add the milk and a little Splenda and swallow that, then have a shake with water. It's a great breakfast with carbs to start my system and protein to help feed my muscles after an 8-10 hour fast while sleeping.

9:30am- 1 can of tuna. My son's snack time so I will usually down a can of tuna so I've taken in some solid protein before noon. Someday I'll add a tablespoon of light Miracle Whip or a tablespoon of ketchup depending on my calorie aim for the day. And on rare occasions I'll put the can of tuna on a toasted English muffin.

12 noon- This is my most varied meal. It can be 1 serving of EasyMac (EasyMac is CRAP! But I take in so little fat and trans fat I figure I can burn this off thinking about it and it's right before I workout so I need every bit of energy I can get) mixed with a can of tuna or tuna on an English muffin, or Oats with a whey shake. Lunch is always both protein and carbs.

Workout

Post-workout- Whey shake with water. This is probably my most important and never miss "meal". Why workout and damage the muscle tissue if you aren't going to give it what it needs to repair it's self afterwards?

3:00pm- 1 cup brown rice or 1 cup of oats with 1 cup milk. This is my last carb meal to help me make it through the rest of the day and it varies a bit depending on what carbs I've already had. The milk and oats is one of my favorite snacks. Pour 1 cup of raw oats in a bowl, mix in 1 cup of milk and let sit for 10 minutes or so until the oats are nice and soft. I've turned more people on to this recipe.

5:00pm- 5-6oz of boneless skinless chicken breast

7:00pm- Last meal. Can of tuna, can of Clover Leaf flavoured tuna, of whey shake. This is my protein meal to get my body through the night without it resorting to catabolising muscle tissue.

And for those of you that HATE everything on my list, here's a quick list of popular, healthy foods most bodybuilders eat taken from the Wannabebig Forums (I don't "Wannabe Big", but the info and people on this site are great.)...

1-2 Gallons of Water a day

Protein
Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
Tuna (water packed)
Fish
Extra Lean Ground Beef or Ground Round (92-96%)
Powder (Whey, Casein, Soy, Egg)
Eggs
Low or Non-Fat Cottage cheese,
Ricotta
Low fat or Non fat Yogurt
Top Sirloin (Sirloin Top Butt)
Flank Steak (Stir Fry, Fajitas)
Ground Turkey
Turkey Breast slices or cutlets (*no deli or sandwich meats)

Complex Carbs (nothing enriched, bleached or processed if possible)
Oatmeal (Old fashioned, Quick oats, Irish steal cut)
Sweet Potatoes
Yams
Beans (Black eyed, Pinto, Red, Kidney, Black)
Whole Wheat frozen Bagels, Pitas
Whole wheat or Spinach Pasta, Whey Pasta
Rice (Brown, white, jasmin, basmiti, arborio, wild)
Potatoes (red, white, baking)

Fibrous Carbs
Green Leafy lettuce (red, green, romaine)
Broccoli
Asparagus
String Beans
Spinach
Bell Pepers (Green or Red)
Brussels Sprouts
Cauliflower
Cabbage
Celery
Cucumber
Carrots
Eggplant
Onions
Tomatoes

Fruit (If acceptable on diet)bananas, oranges, apples, grapefruit, peaches, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, lemons or limes

Healthy Fats
Natural Style Peanut Butter
Olive oil, Safflower oilFlaxseed oil
Fish Oil
Nuts (peanuts, almonds, walnuts)

Condiments & Spices
Fat free mayonaise
Reduced sodium Soy Sauce
Reduced sodium Teriyaki Sauce
Vinegar
Salsa, Jalepenos
Hot peppers and Hot sauce, Cayanne pepper
Chili powder and Chili paste
Mustard
Extracts (vanilla, almond, etc)
Low sodium beef or chicken Broth
Plain or reduced sodium tomatoe sauce or paste

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home