Google
 
Web geepersworld.blogspot.com

Monday, February 19

Stripping… Wallpaper … Music

I posted a pic of myself on Myspace a few weeks ago and was SO embarrassed by the wallpaper in the background I had to take the pic down. I had just never gotten around to stripping the wallpaper off and the picture slapped me in the face, it was really bad. I seemed cursed in that everywhere I’ve lived the walls have been plastered with really bad wallpaper. I don’t even like nice wallpaper, but it just seems I’m always removing really ugly thick wallpaper all the time. I’ve gotten pretty good at taking it off actually.

So I’m working in the den which is where my computer is so I just set it to randomly play mp3 tracks all day while I’m at it. No word of a lie, within a ½ hour I had listened to Rage Against The Machine, Bach, Peggy Lee, Kylie Minogue, Judas Priest, AC/DC and Madonna. People always tell me I have weird tastes or at least a weird mix of stuff I like, and as the day worn on it really struck me how varied (and sometimes weird) my musical taste is. And it’s really not like I’m a casual listener, I’m very passionate about my music. Blondie, The Clash, Iron Maiden, Fiest, Janet Jackson, Prince, Sting, Queen, the Ramones, Placebo, INXS, Cake, Rammstein, Nine inch Nails, Violent Femmes, Beethoven and the list of what I listed to could go on and on and would seem stranger and stranger.

As I’m listening and working I came to a couple of revelations.

-I think I could build a house for almost anyone if left alone to do it on my own and if I had good music to keep me going. Once the music starts I can work till I’m actually dehydrating. Quick drink and I’m back at it. I could redo a house with probably a 20 Gig ipod full of cool tunes. I’ll paint your apartment for a 2G ipod, just preload it with stuff that will keep me moving and motivated.

-I’m not much of a dancer. Actually I don’t dance and am jealous of those that do. It’s such a free, open, expressive thing to do. I’m just to protected to allow myself to do it I think. Well… That is till some old AC/DC comes on. I’m not talking about the Brian Scott bullshit AC/DC. I’m talking about the Bon Scott, grooving, rock and roll AC/DC. "Girls Got Rhythm", "Walk All Over You" or "If You Want Blood You Got It" Bon was the best rock singer that ever lived. When he sings "Live Wire" you believe every word this ex-con misfit is singing… and you can’t help but start dancing.

-I have A LOT of dance music on my machine. Madonna, Kylie, Bjork, Daft Punk, Gwen Stefani, Pink, the Spice Girls, Lisa Scott Lee, a lot of one offs and a lot of dance remixes. If you know me you’ll know how weird this is. (And no I’m not in the closet) Some of them just "rock" so hard. Madonna’s "Sorry" has such an insane groove and attitude there has been more than once I’ve considered pulling the car over and breaking into a Fame type dance routine. (Honestly I’m not in the closet)

-Van Hagar has a lot of embarrassingly bad lyrics. Van Halen with Dave had so much more attitude.

-Old Aerosmith, though just a memory, rocked insanely hard. "Toys in the Attic"

-Musicianship drastically went down hill when grunge hit and has never come back up. Even bad or average bands in the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s could play circles around most guys today.

-Jimi Hendrix was a genius

-Rage Against the Machine makes me want to fight right NOW ("How I Could Just Kill A Man")

Note to self- Start making shorter posts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home