Google
 
Web geepersworld.blogspot.com

Tuesday, February 13

New Car --- Toyota Canada Rocks

So it was time to get rid of our piece of crap Kia and get into something new. I can’t tell you how much I have hated this Kia for the 5 long years we’ve been stuck with it. Anyone can ask my son what type of car daddy has and he answers "Crappy car" instantly. Yes, it is a crappy car.

I’m also not a fan of the way car dealers work. 200 years ago there was a certain class of folks preying on innocent, unknowing people, taking them for any dollar they could get. They were known as snake oil salesmen, today they live on as car salesmen. I honestly think the Internet has helped the consumer against blatant fraud, add-ons and tricks when buying a car, but there is still a lot of ways they hide hidden fees and hidden commissions. A car advertised with a $280 monthly lease payment can EASILY turn into a $400+ real world payment per month + several thousand dollars down..

So I don’t really have a good feeling knowing my piece of crap has to be returned and that I have to set myself up to not get screwed too bad. Buying cars is just not something I enjoy in any way shape or form. Every 4 or 5 years I’d love to just come home and there suddenly be a new vehicle sitting in the driveway for me, all done and dealt with.

I‘ve been checking every car company's web site just to get rough ideas of prices. Every second page on the Toyota Canada site had message after message about no hidden costs, etc. So I thought I’d take them up on their good product name and this new "no hidden costs" agenda they are promoting.

First thing I did was "build" the Toyota I wanted and got an exact price. Taxes, shipping, duty, everything included. Then I got them to break it down to compare lease payments and car payments. All this happening in real time in their site. I print all this info off and then apply for pre-approved credit for the car I’m looking at. I then get an email from them stating all I had to do at this point to buy or lease the vehicle I’m interested in is take all this info to the closest dealership. This just seems like a huge set up to get me in the door and let the ass raping begin.

It wasn’t.

We got the car, at the exact same price the web site had quoted us, with the same interest rate… everything was the same. We didn’t even have to fill in a credit app because we had been approved online. I played with my son while the dealership did the paper work they had to do, signed in a couple of places and had a new car. 1,2,3 easy. For the first time I’m enjoying the new car right away and not still steaming about the salesman or the pressure put on me, or the scams they tried to pull over on me.

THE NEW RIDE


Unless service after the fact sucks in the next few years… Well, so far Toyota Canada has blown ANYONE I’ve had to deal with in the industry out of the water for ease, no hidden costs and how friendly they were.

Oh, the car it’s self…. AWESOME. Lots of room, storage, room to lug guitar amps, strollers, plywood, 2x4’s, you name it, it can move it… I’m so happy… actually I think I’m gonna go out for yet ANOTHER drive tonight… See ya when the sun rises.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home