Google
 
Web geepersworld.blogspot.com

Thursday, August 4

LAYLA -- July 1994 - August 2005


Layla

July 1994 - August 2005


Layla was put to sleep Tuesday August 2nd 2005 due to complications of cancer. She had just turned 11. She was laid to rest in our garden later that evening.

She was totally my favorite pet and I think I was her favorite human.

My son and the remaining animals (my other cat and my dog) still seem to be looking for her. My son is calling for her quite a bit thinking she is just upstairs or in the basement. He's only a year and a half though, so I'm sure she'll be quickly forgotten by him and someday I'll be telling him about her and he'll have absolutely no memory of her.

A few things about her...

She was fluffy and gray, especially her back legs above the knees. It always looked like she was wearing short-shorts, which we referred to as her "daisy-dukes" (I'm sure she was quite a piece of ass in the cat world. . . here comes Layla-Lou in her daisy-dukes. . . )
She was totally lactose intolerant, almost all dairy came back up almost right away.
She used to march to the tune of "When The Saints Go Marching In" on our pillows, which we would sing to her as we went to sleep.
She originally was brought home as a companion to our other lazy fat ass cat that does nothing but wakes me up and eats plastic, but quickly won us over. (My wife claims I favored her from the minute she brought her home)
She was always a little cat and was down to less than 4 lbs at the end.
She was the best jumper ever!
She had the strange habit of going mental and racing around the house non-stop when she had to poop. ("Help me.. I've got something in my bum!!!!")
She was THE BEST CAT EVER!

OK, don't be down... she was very sick and now she's not, now she's not throwing up constantly, loosing weight, getting weaker, having trouble jumping and walking... now she's at peace and there's no more pain or suffering...

Maybe this will cheer you up...(found this on a discussion group)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Send in your suggested captions CLICK HERE I'll post a bunch of the best ones...

I'm trying not to deal with it... but I really miss her and although my wife, my son, my dog and my other cat are still here, the house seems a little empty without her.

Gratuitous hot chick...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home